log in
sign up or:

By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Mechanical Bridge - Billiard Term Definition

Welcome to the billiard, pool, and snooker glossary of terms. This is the definition of Mechanical Bridge as it relates to cue sports. You can also view the entire billiard dictionary

Definition of Mechanical Bridge

Mechanical Bridge is a billiards term that is a part of Billiard Accessory Terminology.

A notched metal or plastic plate attached to the end of a cue stick with a grooved, slotted or otherwise supportive end attachment that is used as a bridge in situations where the use of a hand bridge is not possible. This piece of billiard equipment helps to guide the cue stick in situations where the shot can not be comfortably accommodated by the hand bridge. Snooker and english eight ball games employ an entire group of bridge sticks.

See: goose neck rest, cross rake, jigger, swan rest, goose neck, spider rest, hand bridge, bridge hand, bridge, crutch, rake, bridge stick, rest, spider, hand chalk, closed bridge, open bridge, granny stick, cross, swan for more on the meaning of "Mechanical Bridge".

Mechanical Bridge - Usage

Where is the mechanical bridge? I can't find it on the hooks under the table where it is usually located.

Billiards - Mechanical Bridge

  • Title: Mechanical Bridge
  • Author: (Billiards Forum)
  • Published: 3/13/2006
  • Last Updated: 10/24/2007 9:49:36 AM
  • Last Updated By: billiardsforum

Mechanical Bridge Comments

There are not yet any comments. Please post one below. All comments are moderated.

Submit New Billiard Term or Suggest a Correction

You can suggest a new billiard term and it's definition here. If you are suggesting a correction for an existing term, enter the entire definition as with your corrections incorporated.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only