log in
sign up or:

By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Spider Rest - Billiard Term Definition

Welcome to the billiard, pool, and snooker glossary of terms. This is the definition of Spider Rest as it relates to cue sports. You can also view the entire billiard dictionary

Definition of Spider Rest

Spider Rest is a billiards slang term that is a part of Billiard Accessory Terminology.

A spider rest is a form of mechanical bridge that is used in snooker, blackball, and British pool that is considerably taller, but otherwise similar to, the North American style mechanical bridge. Because the spider rest is taller, the player's cue sits higher which allows him or her to achieve a shot that may not otherwise be possible due to blocking object balls.

See: goose neck rest, cross rake, jigger, swan rest, goose neck, hand bridge, bridge hand, bridge, mechanical bridge, crutch, rake, bridge stick, rest, spider, hand chalk, closed bridge, open bridge, granny stick, cross, swan for more on the meaning of "Spider Rest".

Spider Rest - Usage

Richard, pass the spider rest, mate.

Billiards - Spider Rest

  • Title: Spider Rest
  • Author: (Billiards Forum)
  • Published: 12/28/2007 5:37:08 AM

Spider Rest Comments

There are not yet any comments. Please post one below. All comments are moderated.

Submit New Billiard Term or Suggest a Correction

You can suggest a new billiard term and it's definition here. If you are suggesting a correction for an existing term, enter the entire definition as with your corrections incorporated.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only