log in
sign up or:

By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Swan Rest - Billiard Term Definition

Welcome to the billiard, pool, and snooker glossary of terms. This is the definition of Swan Rest as it relates to cue sports. You can also view the entire billiard dictionary

Definition of Swan Rest

Swan Rest is a billiards slang term that is a part of Billiard Accessory Terminology.

A swan rest is a type of mechanical rest used in snooker, British pool, and blackball. It is characterized by long legs, and a single groove for the cue stick to rest on. The swan rest allows players to easily work with situations where there are two or more obstructing object balls.

See: goose neck rest, cross rake, jigger, goose neck, spider rest, hand bridge, bridge hand, bridge, mechanical bridge, crutch, rake, bridge stick, rest, spider, hand chalk, closed bridge, open bridge, granny stick, cross, swan for more on the meaning of "Swan Rest".

Swan Rest - Usage

I need the swan rest for this situation. There are too many other object balls in the way of my cue ball.

Billiards - Swan Rest

  • Title: Swan Rest
  • Author: (Billiards Forum)
  • Published: 12/28/2007 5:50:00 AM

Swan Rest Comments

There are not yet any comments. Please post one below. All comments are moderated.

Submit New Billiard Term or Suggest a Correction

You can suggest a new billiard term and it's definition here. If you are suggesting a correction for an existing term, enter the entire definition as with your corrections incorporated.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only