log in
sign up or:

By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Cross Rake - Billiard Term Definition

Welcome to the billiard, pool, and snooker glossary of terms. This is the definition of Cross Rake as it relates to cue sports. You can also view the entire billiard dictionary

Definition of Cross Rake

Cross Rake is a billiards slang term that is a part of Billiard Accessory Terminology.

A cross rake is a type of mechanical bridge or rake that is used in blackball, snooker, and British pool, primarily. It is characterized as being a straight stick with an X shaped bridge on the end. It is used for difficult situations where the hand bridge is not sufficient.

See: goose neck rest, swan rest, goose neck, spider rest, hand bridge, bridge hand, bridge, mechanical bridge, crutch, rake, bridge stick, rest, spider, hand chalk, closed bridge, open bridge, granny stick, cross, swan, jigger for more on the meaning of "Cross Rake".

Cross Rake - Usage

We have a spider rake, but not a cross rake. We must purchase one, mate.

Billiards - Cross Rake

  • Title: Cross Rake
  • Author: (Billiards Forum)
  • Published: 12/28/2007 5:56:15 AM

Cross Rake Comments

There are not yet any comments. Please post one below. All comments are moderated.

Submit New Billiard Term or Suggest a Correction

You can suggest a new billiard term and it's definition here. If you are suggesting a correction for an existing term, enter the entire definition as with your corrections incorporated.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only