log in
sign up or:

By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Transferred English - Billiard Term Definition

Welcome to the billiard, pool, and snooker glossary of terms. This is the definition of Transferred English as it relates to cue sports. You can also view the entire billiard dictionary

Definition of Transferred English

Transferred English is a billiards term that is a part of Billiard Technique Terminology.

Transferred english refers to the small amount of English that can be put on an object ball as a result of contact with the cue ball. When transferred english occurs in an object ball, it is as though the effect has transferred from a stronger application of english on the object ball.

See: english, collision induced english, hold up english, inside english, natural english, outside english, reverse english, running english, side english, unintentional english, left, right, side, side spin, sidespin, deflection, siding for more on the meaning of "Transferred English".

Transferred English - Usage

How did that object ball begin spinning as though it had english on it? Oh, it is because of transferred english from the english that was placed on the cue ball.

Billiards - Transferred English

  • Title: Transferred English
  • Author: (Billiards Forum)
  • Published: 5/19/2006
  • Last Updated: 1/3/2008 9:50:04 PM
  • Last Updated By: billiardsforum

Transferred English Comments

There are not yet any comments. Please post one below. All comments are moderated.

Submit New Billiard Term or Suggest a Correction

You can suggest a new billiard term and it's definition here. If you are suggesting a correction for an existing term, enter the entire definition as with your corrections incorporated.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only