Pill Bottle - Billiard Term Definition
Welcome to the billiard, pool, and snooker glossary of terms. This is the definition of Pill Bottle as it relates to cue sports. You can also view the entire billiard dictionary
Definition of Pill Bottle
Pill Bottle is a billiards term that is a part of Billiard Accessory Terminology.
Pill bottle is another term for bottle. In some cue sports, such as kelly pool, a pill bottle is used to hold and shake numbered peas.
Players draw peas to determine some order that is required for specific game rules.
See: shake bottle, pea bottle, kelly bottle, tally bottle, bottle, pea, pill, peas, pills, tally balls, shake balls for more on the meaning of "Pill Bottle".
Pill Bottle - Usage
Grab the pill bottle Roger. Robert dropped out so we have to determine order again.
Billiards - Pill Bottle
- Title: Pill Bottle
- Author: billiardsforum (Billiards Forum)
- Published: 12/28/2007 7:33:42 PM
- Last Updated: 10/23/2016 3:12:47 PM
- Last Updated By: billiardsforum
Pill Bottle Comments
- metromantra from United States on 3/11/2009 2:01:37 PM
I am looking for the rules for how to play "Pill Pool", as I knew it in the 1960s in Brooklyn, NY.
- Andy Milner from GA, United States on 8/11/2009 10:16:33 AM
Can anyone send me the rules to "pill pool", "pea billiards", or "kelly billiards"?
- billiardsforum from Halifax, NS on 8/12/2009 3:34:01 AM
@metromantra and @Andy Milner,
Here are the links to the pool rules you are probably looking for.
For rules on how to play skittles pool, see:
- Skittles Pool Rules
- Canadian Skittle Pool Rules
- Thread on other regional variations such as how to play skittle pool in Singapore
For rules on how to play kelly pool, see:
Submit New Billiard Term or Suggest a Correction
You can suggest a new billiard term and it's definition here. If you are suggesting a correction for an existing term, enter the entire definition as with your corrections incorporated.