log in
sign up or:

By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Baulk - Billiard Term Definition

Welcome to the billiard, pool, and snooker glossary of terms. This is the definition of Baulk as it relates to cue sports. You can also view the entire billiard dictionary

Definition of Baulk

Baulk is a billiards term that is a part of Pool Table Terminology.

In snooker, UK blackball, and english billiards, the baulk is the area between the baulk line and the baulk cushion, which houses or makes up the d area. The baulk is essentially the same area as "the kitchen" in billiards.

See: kitchen, balkline, baulk line, in the kitchen for more on the meaning of "Baulk".

Baulk - Usage

You have to shoot from the within the baulk area. It's the rule.

Billiards - Baulk

  • Title: Baulk
  • Author: (Billiards Forum)
  • Published: 12/4/2006
  • Last Updated: 10/24/2007 9:48:09 AM
  • Last Updated By: billiardsforum

Baulk Comments

There are not yet any comments. Please post one below. All comments are moderated.

Submit New Billiard Term or Suggest a Correction

You can suggest a new billiard term and it's definition here. If you are suggesting a correction for an existing term, enter the entire definition as with your corrections incorporated.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only