log in
sign up or:

By using this site you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service

forgot password?

Where can I find these rail corner caps?

Where can I find these rail corner caps?

I got this pool table but the corners are all cracked. The table over 40 years old mafe by Diversified Products Corp. Or is there a way to replace them and make they look good?


Where can I find these rail corner caps?

Replies & Comments

  1. patchdon on 3/25/2008 8:45:40 PM

    If they are leather you can use saddle soap it would soften and clean them. Also some matching color paste wax shoe polish might help. Don.

  2. patchpatch on 3/26/2008 10:11:08 AM

    They are hard plastic, most are cracked, 2 crumbled during the move.

  3. patchFenwick on 3/29/2008 3:25:54 PM

    I doubt this will help. I found this. http://www.eastalabama.org/DP%20exhibit.htm And this. http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/product-compint-0000608422-page.html Have you checked into a Billiard restoration businesses in your area. It is a fine looking table.

    Good Luck

  4. patchbilliardsforum on 3/29/2008 9:41:34 PM

    You will probably have a tough time finding what you are looking for since the plastic pool table corners are not typically an item that home billiard room owners need. Since the demand is low, the manufacturers have no incentive to make them available.

    I just did an arbitrary search on eBay for "billiard table corners" and found some round versions. I'll bet if you keep searching there regularly, you'll find something.

    In fact, eBay has a "Want it Now" feature where you can post what you are looking for, and alerts will go out to sellers notifying them of your demand for the item.

    On a positive note, you are lucky that the corners have no effect whatsoever on the play of the pool table.

    If you do find it, please do let us know where.

  5. patchpatch on 4/8/2008 9:32:14 AM

    Thanks for the replies...I finally was able to get the 1 piece slate down stairs with 4 people not including myself. I'm in the process of assemblying it...


  6. patchquickshot on 4/8/2008 10:07:59 AM

    As long as you are restoring the table why not go the distance and put nice new leather corners on the table. You may be able to buy them from a manufactureer ?. You are putting a lot of work into the table, make it a thing of beauty. Which of course, is in the eye of the beholder.

  7. patchpatch on 4/8/2008 12:02:46 PM

    What kind of leather corners are you taking about? Drop pocket ones? This has a ball return...



  8. patchquickshot on 4/8/2008 10:41:54 PM

    Sorry Patch. I'm so use to playing on the drop pocket tables I almost forgot ball returns. The table is 40 years old, I should have known better.

  9. patchpatch on 4/9/2008 9:41:52 AM

    No problem...I was thinking about using leather to replace the plastic covering in the pic, but first I have to close the gap between where the corner rails meet. They aren't cut at a 45. The rails are cut off at the ends about 3-4 inches and I have to fill that area in.

    I'll see if I can post some pic of what I'm talking about...

    BTW, does anyone know a nice way to fill in screw holes? The corner protectors were screwed in and the rails are covered with a wood line vineer. I'm left with screw holes.


  10. patchquickshot on 4/9/2008 10:11:11 AM

    You can fill them in with wood filler and sand them lightly. Get filler at your hardware store. You can also get what they call stain sticks that will match the color of the rest of the wood.

  11. patchbilliardsforum on 4/9/2008 10:22:37 AM

    you could also use leather to cover those existing corner caps couldn't you? Perhaps stuff some cotton or other padding in there to raise it up a little. Could you unscrew them, wrap them in leather, stuff it, then re-attach them somehow?

  12. patchquickshot on 4/9/2008 11:15:31 AM

    Patch: Check out this website. www.aeschmidtbilliards.com They have all kinds of corners.

  13. patchpatch on 4/13/2008 1:23:25 PM

    Here's the pool table: Minus all the other junk..

    I got an idea how to make the corner covers. I worked with fiberglass when I had my 65 Nove SS (another story) and decided to see if I can make them myself.

    I took the original cover and covered it with aluminum tape. Put a coat of motor oil on it so the fiberglass wouldn't stick. Put 3 fiberglass mats on it with the resin, then 2 coats of just the resin. Sanded it to get any lumps out, then brushed the last resin coat on. This makes it very smooth. Here's mine next to the original:

    Not only is it stronger, but it's flexible. I still need to drill holes, sand it a little so the black paint will grab...I might add primer fist.


  14. patchquickshot on 4/19/2008 10:36:38 PM

    Patch: Nice job.

  15. patchbilliardsforum on 5/25/2008 12:23:45 AM

    You may have already had a look at this, but carneeman, another member, has done a good job with his pool table corners, you may want to check it out if you have not done so...

  16. patchzhh56 on 2/1/2013 1:48:00 PM

    My poppop has an old 1972 Diversified Products pool table and was looking for replacement corners since his have been ruined after years of use.

    After searching unsuccessfully on the internet for replacements we found your post from 2008 where you made fiberglass replacements for your pool table.

    His is the same model as the one shown in the picture and we were trying to contact you with some questions.

    His name is Frank DiFabio and he doesn't have a computer so if you could call him at 610 356 2451 it would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,

  17. patchguest on 2/24/2013 11:16:54 AM

    Hello, I just located one of these tables and the owner wants me to make an offer. Showroom condition.. What do you think... Bill

  18. patchuser1538596990 on 10/3/2018 1:03:10 PM

    Hi looking for these corner caps also. They are plastic. I think its an old Brunswick cheap wood pool table but in real nice shape. Any help please?

    I have looked online with no luck and the feet need to be replaced as well.

upload a photo or document

use plain text or markdown syntax only

log in or sign up

Sign in to ensure your message is posted.

If you don't have an account, enter your email and choose a password below and we'll create your account.


Where can I find these rail corner caps?

  • Title: Where can I find these rail corner caps?
  • Author:
  • Published: 3/16/2008 9:20:21 PM