10/22/2021 8:56:25 PM
Inherited my uncles cues after he passed away. He beat me many times using this cue. He spent a bunch of money on a Pechauer cue a few years before he died, but still preferred this one.
I know it’s old. I know it’s Meucci. I know it is now my favorite cue too. But that’s about all I know. Looking around the forum it seems like there are some experts here that could help. Thank you!
Replies & Comments
- billiardsforum on 11/8/2021 1:38:12 AM
You have either a:
- Meucci 80-5 Cue (Meucci Originals 80-5 Cue) from the Meucci 80 series circa 1980-1983, or a;
- Meucci 84-6 Cue (Meucci Originals 84-6 Cue) from the Meucci 84 series circa 1984-1987
- yackje on 11/11/2021 8:00:27 AM
Great! Thanks for info. Thought it was early to mid 80’s but the photos I found were all a little different.
Anything to check to determine which one?
- billiardsforum on 11/11/2021 3:29:49 PM
Not really. They're materially identical. It's just a continuation of a specific model over several chronological cue series. Value-wise, they're worth the same.
The only thing, really, that could date one as older than another, would be a smaller, rounder rubber bumper. The presence of that might indicate that it's the older one, and having that specific bumper style might make it worth marginally more, but not much.
- Title: Old Muecci
- Author: yackje
- Published: 10/22/2021 8:56:25 PM